Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Prayer For Sleep

Almighty God, I am weary and I long for sleep to come to me. I read in Your Word, Psa 4:8" In peace will I both lay me down and sleep; For Thou, Jehovah, alone makes me dwell in safety."  I also read, Psa 127:2  "For so he gives unto his beloved sleep."
 
I need You, Lord to grant me a period of sleep that I might be rested. I try to close my eyes to sleep and my mind is so active it prevents me. I know that lack of sleep weakens me both physically and mentally and that I do not perform well. I know I have responsibilities to be met, and that I cannot be alert to them without rest and refreshment.
 
I pray Lord, in this quiet time that You ease my mind from this overload of stress and burden, that I might be able to shut my eyes and fall asleep. I am restless, yet I claim the Scripture that You give Your beloved sleep, and that I do lie down in safety.
 
Lord God, just speaking with You eases my spirit. I pray for sweet sleep that will follow this sweet conversation. Help me to quiet myself long enough for Your blessing of sleep to overtake me.
 
I thank You, Lord for allowing me to lean on You and to unburden my heart. Send to me Thy gentle Holy Spirit to hover over me while I sleep. May He protect me in this state, and grant me total refreshment when I awaken.
 
I thank You, Lord that we can bring all our requests to You, and I thank You that You foresaw this need by recording an encouragment in Scripture for me. Grant me Your rest through Christ Jesus in whom I put my trust. Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment